Friday, October 08, 2010

Bali : Day 3

Bismillah,


After breakfast, we waited at the hotel lobby since the receptionist said that we could get a mini van from here. But if you want to rent out a car and drive on your own, balirentcar.net surely is what you are looking for. Okay, this time the driver's name is I Putu Wenten. We called him Pak Putu. Actually, the letter "I" at the beginning of his name is referring to the gender of male. If it is a "Ni", then it is a female. And I could not help myself from asking him what is the meaning of Putu. He answered that Putu is actually means the eldest in siblings.


First child      : Putu or Wayan
Second child  : Made (sometimes Nengah which means the middle)
Third child     : Nyoman or Komang
Fourth child   : Ketut (which means the unplanned or unwanted.)


If you are curious to know why the fourth child is known as the unwanted, click here and you will know why. Interesting, though. :)


In the mini van, studying the map


Okay, emak wanted to see the Indonesian Batik in Bali. Without further delay, Pak Putu droves us to the Sari Amerta Batik Collection in Gianyar.


Ladies drawing batik
 


 The batik gallery is quiet big. Besides batik shirt, they also have batik clutch, batik dress, batik slippers, batik table cloth, batik umbrella and so much more. I can say that they are really serious into developing and promoting batik to the tourist. A thumb up to them. 


Next, to Celuk, a village famous with its silver and gold smith. We went to Sari Dewi, which offers 50% discount. Wow. You see, if you are being nice with the salesperson, you might get more than 50% off. HAHA. Talking from experience huh. ^_^

In front of the gold and silver gallery


The last shop that we went is another batik gallery. Erm, I'm sorry that I can't recall the name of the store. But I'm sure, your driver will bring you there if you have the chance to go to Bali. :)






paper box made from batik print


Then, we went back to hotel and pray. As for dinner, we took a cab to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). I discovered that KFC in Bali, they served the fried chicken with soup! Yes. You heard me. It's either with a clear chicken soup or a creamy chicken soup (which is similar with mushroom soup). ;)


That is all for today.  Till then. Can't wait for tomorrow. weheee.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...